Thursday, October 8, 2009

New layout! Huzzah!

I decided to change the layout of my blog. The other one was just not jiving with my vibe. This one is much better in my opinion. In other news, Erik had a lovely dinner waiting for me when I got home from work. He made some fabulous apple chicken sausage in Jalfrezi sauce with white rice and garlic naan. It was totally delicious! What an amazing boyfriend I have!

We popped open a bottle of 2007 Muir Wood Pinot Noir to enjoy with the meal. I highly recommend this wine! It has a strong fruity nose, and tastes of ripe berries and oak. Very smooth, mellow tannins. Really nice finish. Erik is now studying at the kitchen table and I am in my PJ's and down booties, ready to settle in and watch Fringe on Hulu. I am working a lot this week, which is good because it will make up for some of the days I missed going to grandad's 89th birthday! The trip was a big success. It was so nice to see everyone, and hang out in San Francisco and San Carlos. My little cousins are still as adorable as ever, and the weather in SF was perfect! I can't wait for my parents to come and visit me here.

Boulder is definitely experiencing fall in full force. The air has been crisp and very autumnal. The leaves are changing just brilliantly. Every day I walk along the creek to work, under the shade of yellow and red maple, aspen, and cottonwood trees. It is a lovely little walking commute, though today it rained and snowed! It was cool though, because I got to wear my Marmot down puffy that I have so missed. That is the warmest most fluffy jacket ever. I am so glad to be working so close to home, and able to stroll across the park right to the front door. I hope the leaves have not all fallen by the time my parents visit! And if they do, there is nothing quite like seeing the flat irons dusted with fresh winter snow.

Next post I promise some more pictures.... Probably. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment